Wednesday 13 April 2011

My bedroom ♥

Thought I would share with you my bedroom that I share with the boy. I love my bedroom its my own little sanctuary, it's not exactly how I'd have it if I was on my own . But that's what happens when you share with someone you compromise. He does let me get away with quite a few girly things as you will see.
This is the view from then door of my bedroom. As you can see , it's a mixture of chocolate brown and teal which looks gorgeous together .
My bed , hands down my favourite place to be ! Also I share my bed with two characters from toy story and then the boy too.
This is part of my feature wall. Got a little theme going on here with the bird cages and little birds, I love things like that. 
This is Craig's wardrobe which has all of my stuffed toys on top. Including a lot of penguins, I've got a thing about penguins . I love them. Also if this is Craig's wardrobe this leaves the question where do I keep my clothes? Well Im saving that for last, but it's definately not in the bedroom as we have loads of clothes between us and I didn't want the room being crammed full of wardrobes so I had to get creative. I will go into further detail later.
This is my desk / dressing table , this has another theme going on all together. And the theme is definately cupcakes , yet another thing I love not that im fickle or anything..
Firstly these are my cupcake drawers which I keep my jewellery in ( colour coded of course) and my headbands. The cupcake box is where I keep all my make-up and the spotty box is for my receipts. 
Then there's my treasured cupcake stand which I use to store my pretty sprays , nail varnishes and earrings to stop them tangling.
Next up is my piece de resistance which is my walk in wardrobe which I created from what used to be the eletric cupboard which is the door right next to my bedroom.

1. This photo is to give a general idea of the size of my wardrobe. I used an off cut of carpet and painted it hot pink. Put in a rail and some drawers and voila I had a wardrobe
2. This is its secondary function of an electric cupboard
3.Clothes , shoes and bags
Close up of my gorgeous bags , shoes and clothes ♥

Right that is my bedroom. It contains all my favourite things cupcakes , penguins and vintage style birds and bird cages. I like to keep it tidy and love to spend time in there with Craig.





5 comments:

  1. Oh I lovvvve the idea of the cupcake stand for nail polish! I might have to pinch that for when I am doing up my room :) Loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT!!

    i love the blue, i want!!!

    where did you get the cupcake drawers from?? ..

    you have just given me an idea for mine, i need a wardrobe! lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls !! And the cupcake drawers are from whs smith of all places lolx x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOOOO walk in wardrobe.

    We dont have one cupboard in our flat. Not one!! The hoover has to just sit in the living room :/. Total coronation street tramp style. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your cupcake stand thingy and I WANT your walk in wardrobe haha! xx

    ReplyDelete