Tuesday 8 February 2011

Superdrug Mini Haul ♥

Hey , On my way home from Uni today I stopped in Superdrug for some cotton wool balls and cotton buds which would have cost a couple of pound but as usual I came out with much more than I wanted or needed to! This is starting to get a bit out of hand lol , I think I may have to start sending other people into shops for me when I need something small, give my poor bank account a rest. So this is what I bought:
This Garnier moisturiser is new out so it was on offer for just £1.99(250ml) or £2.99(400ml) for a larger bottle , which is very reasonable I didn't want to buy a bigger bottle without trying it out first though. They have a few different varieties dependent on your skin type . I picked up the one for Dry Skin as I have dry skin on the tops of my arms and legs, this one is mango oil so I was expecting it to have a really nice scent but to be honest it doesn't smell of much. I have tried this on my hand for now , I will review it in detail after I have used it more , especially since it claims to leave your skin feeling intensely hydrated for 7 days ! This seems extremely unlikely to me, but I will give it a go.
Secondly I have only been using cleanser and toner for around a year now and have only used Superdrug's own brand cleanser and toner. So when I saw these Garnier Fresh Essentials cleanser and toner on offer for £2.01 each I thought I'd try them and see if brand name products are better than own brands.
I also bought new tweezers because my other pair have gone blunt :
I had to post a picture of these , I think they are so cute ! I've only ever had plain silver or black bog standard tweezers. So these will look gorgeous in my make-up bag. 
Whilst I was there I also picked up the Barry M lipstick I mentioned in my last blog post:
This is a really interesting product , it doesn't go on green at all it goes on more clear and then changes your lip colour which would vary dependent on the pH of your lips. It went a lovely dark pink shade when I put it on, the only problem is that it is quite hard to get off. It comes off a pinky shade as well , so it goes on clear-ish and comes off pink, the mind boggles !
Now a good blogger would obviously post a picture to show the lipstick and normally I would but unfortunately my skin is not very nice at the moment around my lips due to a reaction to a product. So I'm refraining from pictures until it heals up.
Lastly I have decided to treat myself to a models own nail varnish , my first one so excited :) When I went on the website they had an amazing offer, 6 for £20 so I have ordered the 2010 collection set. It doesn't really count as spending because I've used my papal account to buy it which has my earnings from Ebay this month in so it would have been rude not to order them, right?

1 comment:

  1. I actually really like that Barry M lipstick! For some reason it always manages to come out a nice pink on my lips! x

    ReplyDelete